April 19th, 2019
Published on April 6th, 2019 | by Konstantina.Liontou0
The Commission is today reporting on progress made towards an effective and genuine Security Union.
Taking stock of the developments since the beginning of this year, the report notes that a large number of priority files have been agreed – 15 out of 22 Security Union legislative initiatives presented by the Commission. However, some of the key proposals, such as terrorist content online and the European Border and Coast Guard, still require urgent action if they are to be closed before the European Parliament elections in May 2019. On this final stretch before the elections, it is also of utmost importance to redouble efforts to fight disinformation and boost electoral and digital resilience.
For more information
- Press release IP/19/1713: A Europe that Protects: 15 out of 22 Security Union legislative initiatives agreed so far
- Factsheet: A Europe that protectsSearch for available translations of the preceding linkEN•••
- Communication: 18th Progress Report toward an effective and genuine Security UnionSearch for available translations of the preceding linkEN•••
- – Annex: List of legislative initiativesSearch for available translations of the preceding linkEN•••
- Staff Working Document: Good practices to support the protection of public spacesSearch for available translations of the preceding linkEN•••
More information available here